The Regina Red Sox welcome YOU to bring your best friend, be it 2-legged or 4-legged to the park during our team’s 1st annual “Bark in the Park” when the Sox take on the Weyburn Beavers on Sunday, July 22. Game Time is 2:05 with doors opening at 1 p.m.
Dogs, and their owners can attend the game by purchasing a “Pooch Pass,” which can be purchased prior to the game online, or at the ticket gate on gameday. Pooch Passes are $15 (+$2 fee for online sales) and include (1) Adult General Admission Ticket and (1) Pet Ticket).
$5 of each “Pooch Pass” will be donated to the Regina Humane Society, as well as $1 from each hot dog sold throughout the game. All dogs and owners must be seated in designated general admission seating areas down the third base line.
Dogs of all breeds and sizes are welcome, although we recognize this event may not be for all dogs. All participants will be seated in designated seating areas along the third base line and third base concourse. There will be designated areas for doggie restrooms, we will have “refueling” stations set up on the concourse with water to ensure no dog goes thirsty and kiddie pools in our Grounds area for dogs who need a quick dip to cool down in the summer heat.
There will be contests throughout the game for dogs and owners alike, and a post-game walk around the bases with all of our furry Red Sox fans!
Which Dogs Should Not Attend? Not every dog is suitable to attend the Sox “Bark in the Park” Game. Below is a list of dog’s who may not be allowed into the park. If your dog falls into one of those categories, please do not buy a ticket as it is in both his and your best interest to leave him at home.
- A senior dog that has trouble being outside or standing for long periods of time
- A dog that is ill and/or contagious
- A dog that has not had up-to-date vaccinations
- An aggressive dog – either towards humans or other dogs
- A dog that does not like loud noises or crowds
- A puppy under six months of age
- A female dog in heat – that could make for one wild game
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS
- Bark in the Park “Pooch Passes” will be sold for $5 each, with all proceeds being donated to the Regina Humane Society.
- Pet tickets can only be purchased at the main ticket gate on gameday (No advance purchases)
- Owner tickets can be purchased at regular admission prices (online or at ticket gate)
- Owners and pets will be seated in designated general admission sections along the third base line.
- Each dog requires an assigned seat, and dogs are permitted only in these seating sections and adjacent concourse.
- Owner tickets can be purchased at regular admission prices (online or at ticket gate).
- Limit one dog per adult guest 18 years of age or older.
- All fans with dogs are responsible for the care and control of their pets and must sign and submit an attendance waiver form at the registration table located inside the main ticket gate on the day of the game.
- We will have a ‘Comfort Area’ located just outside of the first base gate for dogs to cool down, drink water, and to use the toilet. There will be doggy bags available for disposal. All dog owners are responsible for their dog’s waste.
- Bark in the Park seats are limited so be sure to get your tickets early!